Project Designer Cycle 4

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

wakasashe-fashion A very professional and strong outfit, although the length of the skirt is questionable. It looks like it was shrunk in the wash or is a size too small. The shoes are a great design as well but to me the switched in color is not the best choice(I loved the orange shoes).The whole thing was excellent and it was bold and sexy, yet sophisticated and romantic. And..you have immunity from being elimanated from the next challenge!

sparklefly hit everything right with this. The proportions were perfect, with her fabulous wide legged pant, and the oatmeal plaid. The conservative navy blue was a great addition and made the whole presentation more appealing. We liked the cut of the jacket and the placements of the buttons. The trimmings were perfect and the whole look was polished, restrained, and feminine. She sparkle, it can be done without being boring! Clap! Bravo! Encore!

panda-eyes The silhouette of the design is beautiful and sleek, but everything else to me seems out of place. I like the texture fabrication of the suit w/ gored skirt, but having it ribbed with leather? I never heard of this. From my stand point, ribboning this conservative outfit w/ leather automatically switches the mood and makes it slightly costumy and eccentric. Depending on what kind of leather, any of them would take it heavy looking. It also destroys the interesting texture it had. If only the ribboning were made of something softer and more appropriate. The shirt underneath doesn't belong...it looks mass produced and also gives 2 different moods throughout the design. We would have let the shirt be neutral red for the matching of the bow. I have to admit that I'm not usually drawn to the whole red and green combo being that they are contrast colors and can make my head hurt when put together...but the light shade of the green goes perfectly with the cherry red! Although I'm not sure what fabric the main green of the outfit is made of...the pattern and color is great! And I LOVE the idea of having a green leather trim!

Beautifully done and executed!

ceazar ceazar’s work has been consistently strong ever since the first challenge, but in this, the same fabrics yet again...but a beautiful design nonetheless. The sleeves and vest all worked out well (you have a knack for picking fabrics and colors) and the pants were great. The whole thing was interesting, and very well executed. The only thing that worried me was the single button..it just looked odd...but maybe that's just me talking.

Adeladia This is poorly illustrated. I can understand if people have their own illustration style, but when you want to convince people that your garments aren't costumy, you have to illustrate it and present it more realistically so we can get persuaded. This looks like a costume from head to toe, but reading the description...I'll just believe it's just Haute Couture. I like the colors and texture mixing with the skirt being double layered with lace, but it's not meant for career wear. It has no feeling of career or any style available within that range. The top with that dramatic color can actually work if everything else related more appropriately. When designing for something specific like bridal, career, costume or even concerts...the design must look believable and appropriate in a competition at least, even if it's Haute Couture.

catzilla The colors were on spot all the way. It wasn’t boring there were always little surprises to be found in the design, and it was defiantly a risk to use. My only complaint is the lining. It doesn’t really play into the whole piece well. However, this design was defiantly up there ^^! It’s great, and it’s defiantly a contender for the win.

lasmith . I understood the jacket and I responded well to it. It was art, and it was captivating on its own. But once it was paired with the skirt, it looked strangely proportioned and, um, odd. It was paired with another peculiarity, a vest with suspenders that was about a close to weird and um, odd as one could possibly get. Huh? I thought it was preposterous looking, but then I can be one-sided. I told myself, “Well, at least it’s kind of sophisticated. And at least it’s not too boring (the pleats saved the look).” Lasmith, next time be a little more careful.

OUT: ilani It looked all over the place. The whole outfit looked thrown together at the last possible minute. Maybe if the colors hadn’t been so wild it would have worked better. Maybe playing it down with a black or something. I personally loved the top and jacket, but the skirt it what messed everything up. It was bold and rushed and pinned and frilled…it was just too much. I’m REALLY sad to see you go ilani…you were defiantly a interesting one to see every week! But someone had to go. :hug:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home